No want to trace down your native Woman Scout for a cookie repair, and with this recipe from HealthyGirl Kitchen, vegans can lastly get a style of the coconutty-caramelly Samoas which have lengthy evaded us.
What you want:
What you do:
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- In a pan over medium warmth, toast coconut till golden brown. Stir consistently to forestall burning, about 5 minutes.
- Right into a meals processor, add coconut and oats. Pulse for 30 seconds. Add dates, vanilla, and salt. Mix till utterly mixed, and it resembles a crumbly texture that sticks collectively when rolled into cookies.
- Take 2 tablespoons of dough. Kind right into a ball then form right into a flat spherical cookie. Place on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Use a straw to make a gap in middle of every cookie. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Place chocolate chips in a glass measuring cup. Soften by microwaving in 45 second increments till melted, stirring between every increment.
- Take away cookies from freezer and dip backside of every cookie in melted chocolate and place again on baking sheet. Drizzle chocolate on prime utilizing a spoon. Freeze for quarter-hour extra to set chocolate.
Right here at VegNews, we dwell and breathe the vegan way of life, and solely suggest merchandise we really feel make our lives superb. Often, articles could embrace buying hyperlinks the place we would earn a small fee. Under no circumstances does this impact the editorial integrity of VegNews.