These Banana Breakfast Muffins are moist, fluffy, and made more healthy with complete wheat flour, Greek yogurt, and 0 butter or refined sugar. Loaded with scrumptious banana taste and heat spices for the proper morning muffin!
Is there something higher than heat, cozy banana bread?? Effectively, make them into muffins and you’ll get pleasure from all of them week! These wholesome banana breakfast muffins are moist, tremendous fluffy, and the most effective half is they’re simply made in simply half-hour. These muffins are made more healthy with complete wheat flour, Greek yogurt and naturally sweetened with banana and honey so no sugar wanted! You might additionally combine in chocolate chips or chopped nuts for much more taste and texture. I’m sure your loved ones will love these!
Why You’ll Love these Muffins
- A lot banana taste in each chew!
- Made with 100% complete grains, Greek yogurt and 0 butter or refined sugar.
- Simply customizable with enjoyable mix-ins like chocolate chips, chopped nuts, shredded coconut, dried fruit or contemporary berries.
- Can simply make this into banana bread or bite-sized, poppable mini muffins for tiny arms.
- Freezer-friendly so get pleasure from these all season lengthy!
Substances You’ll Want
- Entire wheat pastry flour – I really like baking with complete wheat pastry flour because it has all of the dietary advantages of complete grain flour whereas making these muffins gentle and fluffy. I extremely advocate utilizing this, however in the event you don’t have any available you would use white complete wheat flour or common all-purpose flour
- Baking soda – acts as a leavening agent to assist these muffins rise
- Bananas – makes these muffins moist and provides extra sweetness
- Eggs – provides protein and offers these muffins their construction and peak
- Honey – sweetens the muffins with out utilizing any refined sugar, however you would additionally use maple syrup and even common sugar
- Coconut oil – for added moisture and fluffiness! Be at liberty to sub with one other kind of oil in the event you desire and even butter
- Greek yogurt – this helps to scale back the quantity of oil we have to use and helps maintain the muffins moist. You might additionally use applesauce or mashed banana as effectively
- Milk – I used almond milk, however any kind of milk will work on this recipe
- Heat flavors – a scrumptious mixture of cinnamon and vanilla extract
- Rolled oats – non-obligatory topping for a bit of further diet
How one can Make Banana Breakfast Muffins
- Combine components. In a big bowl, whisk collectively the entire wheat pastry flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, then put aside. In a medium bowl, stir collectively the eggs, honey, mashed bananas, Greek yogurt, milk, melted coconut oil, and vanilla, mixing till all mixed.
- Make the batter. Add the dry components to the moist components and blend with a spatula till simply mixed, being cautious to not over-mix the batter. That is when you’ll be able to fold in any mix-ins you’d like comparable to chocolate chips or chopped nuts. Generously coat a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray (or use paper liners) and divide the batter evenly between 12 muffin cups, ensuring to fill every cup nearly all the best way full. Sprinkle the tops with rolled oats, if desired.
- BAKE! Bake the muffins within the oven at 350 levels F for 18 to 22 minutes (mine got here out excellent at 20 minutes), or till a toothpick inserted comes out clear. Let the muffins cool within the pan for about 5 minutes earlier than transferring them to a wire rack.
Prepping and Storage
To Retailer: You may maintain these muffins saved in a sealed, hermetic container or wrapped in aluminum foil on the counter at room temp for as much as a day, however make sure that to refrigerate after that to maintain them longer. These muffins will last as long as every week within the fridge in a sealed container.
To Freeze: These muffins freeze very well too! You may both wrap the muffins individually in plastic wrap or retailer all of them collectively in freezer-safe luggage. When able to eat, simply pop them within the microwave for 3o to 40 seconds or just thaw out at room temperature. These will maintain within the freezer for as much as 3 months!
Extra Muffin Recipes You’ll Love
Hope you all get pleasure from these Banana Breakfast Muffins and in the event you love this recipe as a lot as we do, please go away me a five-star score under and don’t neglect to tag me on Instagram utilizing the hashtag #eatyourselfskinny! I really like seeing all of your scrumptious recreations!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time: 20 minutes
- Whole Time: 30 minutes
- 1 3/4 cups complete wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup almond milk (or milk of alternative)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Sprinkle of rolled oats (non-obligatory topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 levels F.
- In a small bowl, whisk collectively flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; put aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk collectively eggs, honey, Greek yogurt, mashed bananas, milk, coconut oil, and vanilla till all mixed. Add moist components into flour combination and blend with a spatula till simply mixed, being cautious to not over-mix.
- Divide batter evenly between 12 muffin cups sprayed with non-stick cooking spray (or you need to use liners) ensuring to fill every cup nearly all the best way full. Sprinkle the tops with rolled oats, if desired.
- Bake the muffins within the oven for 18 to 22 minutes, or till a toothpick inserted comes out clear, then let the muffins cool within the pan for five minutes earlier than transferring them to a wire rack.
- Serving Measurement: 1 muffin
- Energy: 159
- Sugar: 10.3 g
- Sodium: 172.6 mg
- Fats: 4.6 g
- Saturated Fats: 3.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.2 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 4 g
* Please word that each one diet info are simply estimates. Values will differ amongst manufacturers, so we encourage you to calculate these by yourself for many correct outcomes.