This Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal is a comfortable breakfast made with healthful oats, shredded apples, and heat spices whereas naturally sweetened with maple syrup and plump raisins! We additionally topped this with crunchy pecans and a scrumptious maple cream cheese glaze!
Word: This put up first appeared on December 11, 2012. It has been up to date with vivid new images, however it’s nonetheless the identical scrumptious recipe you all love!
Belief me once I say that is EVERYTHING you need for breakfast. Healthful oats, chunks of scrumptious apples, heat spices, naturally sweetened with maple syrup and plump raisins all drizzled with a maple cream cheese glaze! Such a comfortable breakfast (or dessert) with a lift of fiber and protein that may simply be thrown collectively in simply 10 minutes and baked within the oven for the proper strategy to begin any morning!
This apple cinnamon baked oatmeal recipe has the consistency just like bread pudding and the nice and cozy flavors actually make this dish really comforting. You can too be ok with sharing this together with your complete household as a result of this baked apple oatmeal is made with actual, healthful elements with out utilizing any butter or oil. My daughter had a lot enjoyable serving to me make this and devoured it proper up!
Components You’ll Want
- Rolled oats – I used whole-grain quaint rolled oats for this recipe, simply be certain that they’re licensed gluten-free if making GF baked oatmeal. I don’t suggest utilizing fast oats on this recipe as you would wish barely much less since they’re packed extra tightly when measured out, nonetheless they are going to work if that’s all you’ve got readily available
- Shredded apple – the star of of this complete recipe! I used Honeycrisp apples due to that great tart/candy style, however any sort of apples will work
- Baking powder – acts as a leavening agent to assist this baked oatmeal rise
- Almond milk – I used unsweetened almond milk, however any sort of milk will work on this recipe to soak the oats
- Eggs – provides protein and helps maintain the baked oatmeal collectively. If vegan, be at liberty to make use of 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons floor flax + 6 tablespoons heat water)
- Applesauce – I used unsweetened applesauce which takes the place of oil on this recipe and provides much more apple taste, however you could possibly use melted coconut oil and even unsalted butter when you don’t have any unsweetened applesauce readily available
- Maple syrup – naturally sweetens this baked oatmeal and tastes unbelievable with all the nice and cozy fall spices! You can additionally use honey, common sugar or brown sugar when you want
- Vanilla extract – the proper taste increase!
- Spices – a mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg and salt (apple pie spice would style wonderful too!)
- Combine-ins – I added in some chopped pecans and raisins for some added crunch and sweetness, however be at liberty to make use of any sort of nuts you like (walnuts style scrumptious on this!) or you could possibly even throw in some chocolate chips
- Maple cream cheese glaze – a scrumptious mixture of cream cheese, maple syrup, cinnamon and a bit of almond milk. Fully optionally available, however SO good!
What Apples Ought to I Use to Bake With?
I personally want Honeycrisp apples when baking due to their candy/tart combo (I additionally at all times occur to have them in our fridge!) and so they maintain up rather well too with out getting mushy. Be happy to make use of whichever selection you want greatest although as there are various apples which can be nice for baking! Braeburn, Granny Smith, Cortland, Pink Woman and Golden Scrumptious all make nice choices.
Attempt to keep away from utilizing McIntosh, Gala, Fuji or Pink Scrumptious apples as they’ll get mushy when baked, however save these for once you need to make applesauce or cider!
The right way to Make Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
- Combine elements. In a big bowl, whisk collectively the rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt, then put aside. In a medium bowl, stir collectively the eggs, milk, applesauce, maple syrup, shredded apple and vanilla extract till all mixed.
- Make the batter. Pour the moist elements in with the dry elements and blend till mixed. Fold within the raisins after which switch the oat combination to an 8×8 or 9×9-inch ready baking dish coated with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle the highest with chopped pecans (or different chopped nuts resembling walnuts), desired.
- BAKE! Bake the oatmeal at 350 levels F for 45 to 50 minutes till the middle has set and a toothpick inserted comes out clear. Let the oatmeal sit for five minutes to chill earlier than serving.
- Maple Cream Cheese Glaze. Whereas the oatmeal is baking, place the cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl and warmth for 15 to 30 seconds, till softened. Whisk within the maple syrup, milk and cinnamon, mixing vigorously till clean. Drizzle the glaze over every portion, serve and luxuriate in!
Prepping and Storage
To Retailer: You possibly can retailer this baked oatmeal in a sealed, hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 5 days. When able to re-heat, both cowl your complete baked oatmeal with foil and warmth within the oven at 350 levels F for about 20 minutes or re-heat particular person parts within the microwave or toaster oven. Excellent in your weekly meal prep!
To Freeze: This baked oatmeal may also be saved within the freezer for as much as 3 months in a sealed, hermetic container. Alternatively, you can too slice the oatmeal into particular person parts, wrap them in plastic wrap and retailer them in sealed freezer baggage.
Extra Apple Recipes You’ll Love
Extra Oatmeal Recipes You’ll love
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time: 50 minutes
- Whole Time: 60 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons floor cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups almond milk (or milk of selection)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded apple (about 2 apples)
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
For the Maple Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- Sprint of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 levels F.
- In a big bowl, whisk collectively oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Put aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk collectively eggs, almond milk, applesauce, maple syrup, vanilla extract and shredded apple, stirring till well-combined.
- Pour the moist elements in with the dry elements, mixing till simply mixed then fold within the raisins.
- Pour oatmeal right into a ready 8×8 or 9×9-inch baking dish coated with non-stick cooking spray and sprinkle the highest with chopped pecans. Bake within the oven for 45 to 50 minutes, till the oatmeal has set and a toothpick inserted within the middle comes out clear.
- Whereas the oatmeal is baking, place cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl and warmth for 15 to 30 seconds, till softened. Whisk in maple syrup, milk and cinnamon and blend vigorously till clean.
- When oatmeal is completed baking, take away and let cool for five minutes earlier than serving. Drizzle the maple glaze over every portion and luxuriate in!
*This baked oatmeal will final within the fridge in a sealed, hermetic container for as much as 5 days or within the freezer for 3 months.
- Serving Dimension: 1/eighth of recipe
- Energy: 263
- Sugar: 9.9 g
- Sodium: 164.2 mg
- Fats: 9.3 g
- Saturated Fats: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 33.1 g
- Fiber: 4.2 g
- Protein: 6.6 g
* Please notice that every one vitamin info are simply estimates. Values will range amongst manufacturers, so we encourage you to calculate these by yourself for many correct outcomes.